$50,000 in ITAR fines
Last Thursday the Department of State issued a press release detailing charges and penalties levied against Alpine Aerospace Corporation and TS Trade Tech Incorporated of New Jersey. Both companies share common ownership and provide replacement parts to the aerospace industry.
- Failure to obtain proper export licenses
- Improper citation of existing licenses
- Failure to obtain non-transfer and end use certifications
- Alpine civil penalty: $30,000
- TS Trade Tech Civil penalty: $20,000
An interesting note – the civil penalites will be suspeneded on the condition that they are used to bolster compliance measures for the companies.